I received the following email this morning:
I am making my first trip to Vegas in a few days. I am a big follower of your blog and have a few questions for you. I would really appreciate any insight you can provide in the next few days.
1) Is there a place to see all of the lines offered in Vegas (a way to compare what line the Hilton has versus another book) without actually going to the book?
2) Do any sportsbooks offer reduced juice?
3) How do future bets work? Do you have to be present to claim your winnings?
4) In your opinion what are the best books or places in general to watch sports in Vegas?
Thanks in advance for your help.
1. Vegasinsider.com has the lines on all the vegas books for all sports so you can compare. You can subscribe to get realtime but the 20 min delayed that is free is
what i use.
2. I dont know of any books in vegas that offer reduced juice. But I dont usually bet with vegas casinos so I might not be the one to ask.
3. I dont make futures bets since the vig is usually much too high compared to the game to game betting. I believe you have to present your ticket in person or have a friend do it that is coming to vegas to collect.
4. The best book I have found to bet with is at the Las Vegas Hilton. They are the first to come up with the lines….and they post on all games in all sports. As far as watching the games…..I really am not up to date on the best casino books for that..although you probably cant go wrong with most of the big casinos for watching games.
I hope this helps
Good Luck when your here:)